As a Precision Agronomy Implementation Specialist for Sentinel Fertigation, you will be on the forefront of bringing next generation fertigation management technology to trusted agronomic advisors and their farmer customers. N-Time™Fertigation Management System (N-Time™FMS) is a web-based software platform that provides imagery-driven fertigation recommendations and helps users efficiently manage fertigation applications in their operation. Ultimately, your role is to help our customers and end-users leverage N-Time™ FMS for maximum benefit to their bottom line and operational efficiency. Active relationship building, education, and in-depth support of our customers and end-users will be critical to achieving this mission. This is a salary position in a high-growth startup with an expectation for exceptional, above-and-beyond service to our customers and users. That means you will have significant ownership over your role, opportunities for upward mobility, and valuable experiences for professional growth. Join the team and help usher in the future of fertigation.
- Train and educate customers on use of N-Time™ FMS through one-on-one meetings with customers and end-users and group clinics to certify N-Time™ FMS providers
- Develop trustworthy relationships with agronomic advisors and their farmer customers.
- Perform field visits throughout summer to support agronomic advisors in scouting efforts; ground-truth N-Time™ FMS recommendations and performance.
- Support customers in implementation of N-Time™ FMS: software onboarding, explaining in-season analytics and recommendations, ensuring prescription functionality, etc.
- Conduct post-harvest meetings with agronomic advisor users and their farmer customers to evaluate N-Time™ FMS performance.
- Opportunities to design and coordinate on-farm research trials in a limited capacity.
- Work with clients to determine how N-Time™ FMS can best be used to benefit their operation, including working to develop shared solutions projects with other agronomic management tools
- Host demo-days, attend and present at farm shows and other industry events
- Identify potential customers, develop customer prospectus, and make initial sales calls
- Post-secondary and/or graduate education in agronomy, crop science, soil science, precision agriculture, agricultural technology, mechanized systems management, agricultural engineering, agribusiness, or other agriculture related discipline (A.S., B.S., M.S. all considered)
- Relationship oriented with a selfless mindset that puts customers and ultimately farmers first
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Preferably experience in the following areas:
GIS/FMIS software and farm data (e.g. Ag Leader SMS, John Deere Operations Center, ArcMap or QGIS, Google Earth; raw monitor and shapefile data)
Software for irrigation management (e.g. AgSense, FieldNet, CropX)
Irrigation, agricultural machinery, variable rate technology, data transfer (USB, wireless)
- Familiarity with or ability to learn precision agriculture concepts and imagery use in agriculture (grid sampling, management zones, variable rate input prescriptions, informed crop scouting)
- Exceptional organizational skills, particularly in a digital format
- Demonstrated independent self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Diligence in learning and leveraging team and project management software in Microsoft Suite (Teams, OneNote, OneDrive, Planner, etc.)
- Current CCA, working toward CCA, or willing to pursue CCA
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
Compensation, Benefits, & Schedule
- Compensation details provided in interview process
- Financial and time support of efforts to enhance skillset
Pursuit of CCA licensure
Pursuit of FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot (UAV) licensure
Earning CEUs via clinics, presentations, field days
Participation in professional societies
- Flexible hours – it’s about getting the job done.
- Entrepreneurial position with leadership opportunities.
About the Company
Founded in 2021, Sentinel Fertigation is a Lincoln, NE, ag tech startup revolutionizing fertigation management. Through the N-Time™ Fertigation Management System (N-Time™ FMS) platform, Sentinel turns images of the crop canopy into fertigation recommendations that increase nitrogen fertilizer use efficiency. Increased efficiency means an improved bottom line for farm operations (up to $29.71/ac savings on N) and reduced risk of nitrogen loss to the environment (46 lb-N/ac less applied). The technology behind Sentinel’s N-Time™FMS platform was developed at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln and tested through rigorous on-farm research trials with cooperating farmers throughout Nebraska. Sentinel Fertigation is a resident company of The Combine ag tech incubator program and has partnered with Agri-Inject, Inc. – the leader in fertigation pumping equipment – to build out the next generation of precision fertigation technologies.