As a Precision Ag Support Intern for Sentinel Fertigation, you will be on the forefront of bringing next generation fertigation management technology to farmers and their trusted agronomic advisors. N-Time Fertigation Management System (N-Time FMS) is a web-based software platform that provides imagery-driven fertigation recommendations and helps users efficiently manage fertigation applications in their operation. Ultimately, your role is to help our customers and end-users leverage N-Time FMS for maximum benefit to their bottom line and operational efficiency. Active relationship building, education, and in-depth support of our customers and end-users will be critical to achieving this mission. The emphasis in this position is on exceptional, above-and-beyond service to our customers and users. That means you will have significant ownership over your role, long-term growth opportunities with the company, and valuable professional development experiences unparalleled in other internships. Join the team and help usher in the future of fertigation
Support customers in implementation of N-Time FMS: software onboarding, explaining in-season analytics and recommendations, ensuring prescription functionality, etc.
Facilitate communication between software engineering and agronomic implementation teams.
Develop training and educational materials and curriculum for users.
Develop trusted relationships with agronomic advisors and their farmer customers.
Perform field visits throughout summer to support Sentinel Implementation specialist; ground-truth N-Time FMS recommendations and performance.
Work to understand customer needs, customer preferred software features, and customer pain-points in the N-Time FMS platform
Execute initial sales calls with the support of Sentinel Fertigation team members.
Present at demonstration days.
- At least sophomore or equivalent standing in agronomy, crop science, soil science, precision agriculture, agricultural technology, mechanized systems management, agricultural engineering, agribusiness or other related discipline program at a university or technical college.
- Relationship oriented with a selfless mindset that puts customers and ultimately farmers first
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Keen interest in use of technology to advance crop production techniques.
- Awareness of precision agriculture concepts and imagery use in agriculture (grid sampling, management zones, variable rate input prescriptions, informed crop scouting)
- Exceptional organizational skills, particularly in a digital format
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit who is passionate about our mission.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Diligence in learning and leveraging team and project management software in Microsoft Suite (Teams, OneNote, OneDrive, Planner, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Experience in GIS, FMIS, Irrigation Management software is a plus.
Sentinel Fertigation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Under-represented groups in agriculture are encouraged to apply for this position.
Compensation, Benefits, & Schedule
Salary: $10,000 total delivered in equal increments biweekly
Duration: May – August (flexible with school dates)
Location: Lincoln, NE (preferred) or remote (NE, KS, CO)
Financial and time support of efforts to enhance skillset
Pursuit of FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot (UAV) licensure
Earning CEUs via clinics, presentations, field days
Significant opportunity for long-term, full-time employment.
About the Company
Founded in 2021, Sentinel Fertigation is a Lincoln, NE, ag tech startup revolutionizing fertigation management. Through the N-Time™ Fertigation Management System (N-Time™ FMS) platform, Sentinel turns images of the crop canopy into fertigation recommendations that increase nitrogen fertilizer use efficiency. Increased efficiency means an improved bottom line for farm operations (up to $29.71/ac savings on N) and reduced risk of nitrogen loss to the environment (46 lb-N/ac less applied). The technology behind Sentinel’s N-Time™FMS platform was developed at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln and tested through rigorous on-farm research trials with cooperating farmers throughout Nebraska. Sentinel Fertigation is a resident company of The Combine ag tech incubator program and has partnered with Agri-Inject, Inc. – the leader in fertigation pumping equipment – to build out the next generation of precision fertigation technologies.